FriendUp, the Friend Unifying Platform, is the world’s first open source cloud-based computer. It provides decentralised secure computing built for blockchain technologies.
Essentially it provides developers with their own source secure cloud-based computer, fully decentralised and accessible anywhere on any device with an internet connection. It can run all applications with virtually unlimited computing power while also providing total privacy.
Developers will be able to rapidly deploy and integrate applications on the Ethereum network. Ownership of the network is shared and owners are rewarded tokens. In many ways FriendUp may be viewed as an operating system for the Ethereum blockchain.
FriendUp enables new applications to be linked to other applications running on the network to create original functionality. Distributed systems can be created that allow the sharing of both data and functionality, software, computing power and storage across multiple nodes.
FriendUp has been developed extensively and an initial version is live and accessible to anyone. The primary goals of future developments include:
· Decentralisation and enhanced security
· Improve the accessibility and developer friendliness of Ethereum
· Provide access to Friend apps on any device
· Rapid development of apps on the free open cloud infrastructure
· Provide users with immediate access to apps and other resources
Friend means there is no deployment cost. When a developer deploys an app on the Friend network it immediately becomes available worldwide through decentralised technologies. The Friend Store provides developers with the facility to monetise their apps without the need for a middleman.
Virtual Friend Cloud Computers can be created with applications, storage, workgroups and so forth accessible from any web enabled device. In addition to built-in storage, users can integrate with alternative storage solutions such as Dropbox and Google Drive.
Friend store is the FriendUp marketplace. Users can access products and services provided there in exchange for FRND tokens and developers can monetize their applications there. Developers and other vendors can publish their applications there and a variety of alternative monetisation models can be used. All apps deployed there will be subject to validation, testing and rating based on a transparent objective checklist.
There will also be the facility for providing discussion, feedback, and reviews.
The new internet based on blockchains such as Ethereum is truly decentralised. However, prior to FriendUp there was no means of harnessing this to create a complete computer operating environment. Following three years of development the FriendUp platform provides a means of utilising the power of the decentralised network. Individual system components include:
· Friend Core — manages server side of the network handling encrypted communications between clients and servers
· Application distribution framework
· Libraries — for pooling component functionalities
· Modules — for connecting applications
· File system drivers
· Application APIs
· Friend Network
· Workspace — user interface and desktop environment
· Core applications — essentially demonstrators of what can be achieved on the platform
The presale provides investors with a 20% bonus of tokens. The total pre-sale tokens are 24,000 FRND with a minimum investment of 0.1ETH and a maximum investment of 3,334 ETH.
There are three ICO goals all considered viable and each with a specified development program. The goals are: minimum funds to be raised — 25,000 ETH; medium funds to be raised — 50,000 ETH; maximum funds to be raised — 75, 583.3 ETH.
The FriendUp ICO runs from 16th April 2018 to 16th May 2018. Vital information:
· Token: FRND (ERC 20 compatible)
· Maximum number of tokens: 2,000,000,000 (2 billion)
· Tokens available in crowd sale: 1,640,000,000 (82% of total tokens)
· Price: 1 FRND = $0.05
· Exchange rate: 20,2000 FRND = 1 ETH
· Accepted currencies: ETH
6% of tokens generated will go to the Friend team and 12% will go to the business.